Instructor Revenue Share
There is no fee to create and host a course on Eons Academy, and you can publish as many free and paid courses as you like. We believe in a sustainable partnership, where instructors are rewarded for creating amazing content.
Instructor receives 90% of revenue share on all courses made by instructor. Instructor can track all their sales and revenue payments on their instructor dashboard.
Instructor Payment Overview
All Eons Academy instructors are contracted with the U.S.-based Eons Academy, LLC. Eons Academy pays instructors through PayPal. For more information on setting up your paypal account, please refer to www.paypal.com . Paypal charges fee for international payments.
Instructor Payments Flow
- As an instructor, a contract is signed with U.S.-based Eons Academy LLC.
- The course is published on eonsacademy.com .
- In the first month, a student purchases your course(s). Student fees are transferred to Eons Academy.
- Months 1: Eons Academy LLC. processes refunds.
- Month 2: Eons Academy pays instructor [(total Month 1 student payments – total refunds – Paypal transaction fees) x % revenue share]
- All payments to instructors are from U.S.-based Eons Academy.
- As an instructor, you are free to publish as many free and paid courses as you like.
You can view payment dates and the payment amount for a specific month on your Instructor Dashboard.
These Instructor Terms were last updated January, 2021.
As an instructor, you are contracting directly with Eons AcademyLLC. (a Limited Liability Corporation in the United States).
1. Instructor Obligations
As an instructor, you are responsible for all content that you post, including lectures, quizzes, coding exercises, practice tests, assignments, resources, answers, course landing page content, and announcements (“Submitted Content“).
You represent and warrant that:
- you will provide and maintain accurate account information;
- you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, permissions, and authority to authorize Eons Academy to use your Submitted Content as specified in these Terms ;
- your Submitted Content will not infringe or misappropriate any third party’s intellectual property rights;
- you have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to teach and offer the services that you offer through your Submitted Content and use of the Services; and
- you will ensure a quality of service that corresponds with the standards of your industry and instruction services in general.
You warrant that you will not:
- post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libelous content or information;
- post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any user;
- use the Services for business other than providing tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to students;
- engage in any activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party, including the need to pay royalties for the public performance of a musical work or sound recording;
- frame or embed the Services (such as to embed a free version of a course) or otherwise circumvent the Services;
- impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s account;
- interfere with or otherwise prevent other instructors from providing their services or courses; or
- abuse Eons Academy resources, including support services.
2. License to Eons Academy
Unless otherwise agreed, you have the right to remove all or any portion of your Submitted Content from the Services at any time. Except as otherwise agreed, Eons Academy’s right to sublicense the rights in this section will terminate with respect to new users 60 days after the Submitted Content’s removal. However, (1) rights given to students before the Submitted Content’s removal will continue in accordance with the terms of those licenses and (2) Eons Academy’s right to use such Submitted Content for marketing purposes shall survive termination.
We may record all or any part of your Submitted Content for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the Services. You grant Eons Academy permission to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, your Submitted Content, or Eons Academy’s content, and you waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
3. Trust & Safety
3.1 Trust & Safety Policies
You agree to abide by Eons Academy’s Trust & Safety policies, Restricted Topics policy, and other course quality standards or policies prescribed by Eons Academy from time to time. You should check these policies periodically to ensure that you comply with any updates to them. You understand that your use of the Services is subject to Eons Academy’s approval, which we may grant or deny at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to remove courses, suspend payouts, and/or ban instructors for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:
- a course falls below our quality standards or has a negative impact on the student experience;
- an instructor engages in behavior that might reflect unfavorably on Eons Academy or bring Eons Academyy into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
- an instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who violates Eons Academy’s policies; or
- as determined by Eons Academy in its sole discretion.
3.2 Relationship to Other Users
Instructors will have a direct contractual relationship with students, you will have access to the students’ emails. You agree that you will not use the data you receive for any purpose other than providing your services to those students on the Eons Academy platform, and that you won’t solicit additional personal data or store students’ personal data outside the Eons Acdemy platform. You will indemnify Eons Academy against any claims arising from your use of students’ personal data.
3.3 Anti-Piracy Efforts
We partner with anti-piracy vendors to help protect your courses from unauthorized use. To enable this protection, you hereby appoint Eons Academy and our anti-piracy vendors as your agents for the purpose of enforcing copyrights for each of your courses, through notice and takedown processes (under applicable copyright laws like the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) and for other efforts to enforce those rights. You grant Eons Academy and our anti-piracy vendors primary authority to file notices on your behalf to enforce your copyright interests.
You agree that Eons Academy and our anti-piracy vendors will retain the above rights unless you revoke them by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject line: “Revoke Anti-Piracy Protection Rights” from the email address associated with your account. Any revocation of rights will be effective 48 hours after we receive it.
When creating a course, you will set your own price for the course. Alternatively, you can offer your course for free.
When a student purchases a course, Paypal charges a transaction fee. The amount an instructor receives is 90% of the [course price – Paypal transaction fee]. For international instructors, Paypal charges fee for payments.
5.1 Revenue Share
When a student purchases your course, we calculate the gross amount of the sale as the amount actually received by Eons Academy from the student (“Gross Amount“). From this, we subtract any Transaction Fees.
Eons Academy makes all instructor payments in U.S. dollars (USD). We will assume transaction processing fees.
5.2 Receiving Payments
For us to pay you in a timely manner, you must own a PayPal account and must keep us informed of the correct email associated with your account. You understand and agree that you are ultimately responsible for any taxes on your income.
The payment will be made within 45 days of the end of the month in which (a) we receive the fee for a course or (b) the relevant course consumption occurred.
As an instructor, you are responsible for determining whether you are eligible to be paid by a U.S. company. We reserve the right not to pay out funds in the event of identified fraud, violations of intellectual property rights, or other violations of the law.
If we cannot settle funds into your payment account after the period of time set forth by your state, country, or other government authority in its unclaimed property laws, we may process the funds due to you in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting those funds to the appropriate government authority as required by law.
If a student asks for a refund after we have paid the relevant instructor payment, we reserve the right to either (1) deduct the amount of the refund from the next payment sent to the instructor or (2) where no further payments are due to the instructor or the payments are insufficient to cover the refunded amounts, require the instructor to refund any amounts refunded to students for the instructor’s courses.
While you are a published instructor and subject to the requirements below, you may use our trademarks where we authorize you to do so.
- only use our trademarks in connection with the promotion and sale of your Eons Academy courses or your participation on Eons Academy; and
- immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
You must not:
- use our trademarks in a misleading or disparaging way;
- use our trademarks in a way that implies that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of your courses or services; or
- use our trademarks in a way that violates applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.
7. Sanctions and Export Laws
You warrant that you aren’t restricted from using the Services under U.S. sanctions or export laws (as an individual or as an officer, director, or controlling shareholder of any entity on whose behalf you use the Services). If you become subject to such a restriction while you are subject to these Instructor Terms, you will notify Eons Academy within 24 hours, and we will have the right to terminate any further obligations to you, effective immediately and with no further liability to you (but without prejudice to your outstanding obligations to Eons Academy). You will not use the Services to conduct or facilitate any transaction with any other individual or entity subject to such a restriction. You may not remove, export, or allow the export or re-export of the Services (or any product thereof, including technical data) outside the U.S. in violation of any restrictions, laws, or regulations of the U.S. or any other applicable country.
8. Deleting Your Account
We’ll use commercially reasonable efforts to make any remaining scheduled payments that are owed to you before deleting your account. You understand that if students have previously enrolled in your courses, your name and that Submitted Content will remain accessible to those students after your account is deleted. If you need help or encounter difficulty deleting your account, you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Miscellaneous Legal Terms
9.1 Updating These Terms
From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and Eons Academy reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through our Services. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
9.2 Relationship Between Us
You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between us.
The following sections shall survive the expiration or termination of these Terms: Sections 2 (License to Eons Academy), 3.3 (Relationship to Other Users), 5.2 (Receiving Payments), 5.3 (Refunds), 8 (Deleting Your Account), and 9 (Miscellaneous Legal Terms).
10. How to Contact Us
The best way to get in touch with us is to contact at email@example.com. We’d love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about our Services.